This is a request for help from my esteemed colleagues.
 I have a parent in the process of filling out the forms to challenge the book
Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth (and possibly the whole Junie B.  series).
Her objection is the language and the bullying that Junie B. does. I was absent
the day she came to school, so she met with the principal. I have since
contacted her and told her about the process for choosing books for the library,
the reviews and recommendations for Junie B., her right to limit her own child's
checking out of the book, etc.  Our district has just tightened up its bullying
policy, so I'm a little worried how upper admin. might react to this.
Any suggestions for what I should be doing while I wait to see if she follows
through with the forms?
Please respond to me directly and I'll keep the listserv updated.
Thank you,
Joyce Kuzmick
Librarian
Head O' Meadow School