 Thanks to all of you answered my question about weeding the BSC books.  My
daughter, who is 28, read them when she was in elementary school and I
really thought that these books were no longer suitable for the school's
library.  I had many responses and only one said to keep them.
Here in Victoria, Australia, we are on a two week term break, but when I get
back to school I am going to weed almost all of them.  A few people
suggested keeping a few of the books, "just in case", but if these few aren
t borrowed this year, I will toss them too.  I agree, that if they do come
back into fashion, I can always buy new copies.
We are having a reading challenge sponsored by the Priemier (Governor) of
Victoria. Some of the books on his list are quite old, but supposedly still
good, so I have bought updated versions of them. We shall see if the kids
start reading them. Most kids seem to be reading fantasy books, even the
girls.
I have printed out Renee Choe-Winter's 2 emails concerning weeding and will
use them as big guns if someone gets upset with my weeding. I have decided
to start a BIG weed, not just the BSC.  For quite a while I have felt our
collection is too large and too old so all of the current email concerning
weeding (especially Renee's)has really given me the courage to tackle it!
 Thanks again for all of your help!
Dona
Dona J. Hartwich
Senior Librarian