Are you interested in having a top-notch illustrator of children's books
present to your school?

Chris Soentpiet at the N.I.U. Children's Literature Conference last month, I
was so impressed with his research and art preparation for each story that
my school is hosting Chris Soentpiet during the week of October 24th, 2005,
His honorarium is very reasonable and there is no additional expenses of
travel, hotel, and food, if Chris has bookings for each day of a week.

As an illustrator of children's books, he has completed Coolies (Yin), Molly
Bannaky (McGill), My Brother Martin (Christine King Farris), So Far From the
Sea (Bunting), Silver Packages( Rylant), Around Town, Momma, Where Are You
From?, Where Is Granda?, Dear Santa, Please Come to the 19th Floor (Yin),
and Peacebound Trains. His wife Rosanna is the author YIN for some of the
above books, including Coolies, a Caldecott Honor winner.

Please contact me if you would like to have Chris for a day at your school,
too.

Dianne Lockridge
Learning Center Director
Kildeer Countryside School