In our district, parents must sign a release that allows any information
about their children to be made public. This includes use of any of the
students' work, any awards they might win, etc. If the parent does not
give permission, nothing is released. I don't really think that most
attorneys understand the copyright laws any better than the rest of us! It
is all very confusing and getting to be more so all the time. I do think
you are right to be concerned.
Best regards,
Gay Maclaskey

Gay Maclaskey
A&M Consolidated High School Library
1801 Harvey Mitchell Parkway South
College Station, TX  77840
979.764.5518

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous
group. They are subversive. You think  they're just sitting there at the
desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man.
I wouldn't mess with them."~Michael Moore