Hi folks,

After reading about blogging for sometime now (and finding a couple blogs
actually useful), Iıve created one myself at <http://dougj.edublogs.org/>. I
am guessing that we will have teachers and T-Ls here at school who may want
to try this communications medium themselves, so I ought to have a little
experience in the area myself. Anyway...

__________
From the ³Why the Blue Skunk Blog² page:

I come to creating this blog reluctantly. Blogging seems so trendy and as
anyone who has seen my clothes or haircut knows, I am not a trendy person.

My current, established website seems to be useful to others. I post
articles and links there often. It has a nice search engine. Itıs linked to
lots of other sites. People can find out how to contact me there and even
see pictures of my grandson.

So the question remained, why in the devil do I need a blog? Iım somewhat
reluctant to share my personal life since it has only two speeds - boring
and embarrassing. Professionally, itıs about all I can do to come up with
enough cogent thoughts for published columns and articles. (What exactly is
the economic model of bloggers? Do people earn a living doing this? Not that
writing for professional publication pays much either, but at least itıs
beer money.)

What I have not had is a convenient way for people to respond to my writing
or presentations. This blog might afford such a communication mechanism. Iım
hoping it may also serve as a sounding board for ideas I am currently
thinking/writing about. (See the "successful workshops" piece that may one
day turn into a published article or part of book.)

So, weıll see. After a small amount of initial confusion, this blogging
stuff seems not too difficult. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Keep
them clean - my mother might be reading this. You never know.

All the very best,

Doug

_________

Visit if you are so inclined.

Thanks to all who contribute to the virtual coffee shop that is LM_Net! You
teach me something every day!

All the very best,

Doug

Doug Johnson
Director of Media and Technology
Mankato Area Public Schools
Box 8713, 1351 S Riverfront Dr.
Mankato MN 56001-8714
507-387-7698 x 473
dougj@doug-johnson.com
www.doug-johnson.com

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments
that take our breath away." -- George Carlin