Hi.  I have a unique situation.  In my K-8 library, we have a bookmobile
that travels out to three very small/rural elementary schools.  On this
bookmobile, we have books from our library that the kids can then
check-out.  We run Spectrum as our automation program that is loaded on the
schools server.  There is a computer on the bookmobile so that the
librarian can check-out/check-in books to the kids.  Currently, it does not
have the same program.  The program that it has is very out of date and
does not correlate with our program.  Any changes made do not show up on
her computer since she is not connected to the school's server.  What do
you recommend would be the best way to resolve this problem.  I was
thinking that in the short run, we could load up her computer with Spectrum
as a standalone program (load it as a server and client).  But then we
would still have to upload any new information to her computer.  In the
long run, I would like to somehow have her connected to the school's server
so that any changes are updated automatically.  What do you recommend.
Have any of you had this situation before?  Help!  Thanks  Brenda Lemon
Chapman School District Chapman Kansas blemon@473mail.net

http://mail2web.com/ .