There was a lot of interest in our techs salary schedule and job description.  The
salary schedule is on our district's web site (see the link below).  The techs were
moved from range F to range I.  The two rows in each range show the monthly and
hourly wages.  They now make more than the custodians and classroom aides but not
as much as many of the secretaries at the district office.

My tech is an 11 month employee.  The larger schools (over 2000 students) have an
11 month and a 10 month tech (with a full time librarian at each site these
staffing levels are almost unheard of in California-- we are fortunate in this
district).  So, depending on years of service, the salaries range from just under
$23,000 for a brand new 10 month clerk to just under $35,000 for an 11 monther with
25 years of experience.  I don't think any of the current district techs have 25
years experience.  There is also some additional work available during summer
school.

The job description is on my computer at work.  I will post that next time I am in
my office.  It was revised to reflect the required computer skills, budgetary
responsibilities (the techs are responsible for textbooks and obligating students
for lost materials), and work done with students and faculty.

http://www.muhsd.k12.ca.us/HRAS/03-04%20classal.pdf

Anthony Doyle, Librarian
Livingston High School
Livingston, CA
tdoyle@MUHSD.K12.CA.US
Http://www.lhswolves.org/library/index.htm
"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture; you just have to get people to
stop reading them."
Ray Bradbury