Very clever bit of tongue in cheek!

But you could have expanded on the days it isn't worth teaching:
First day of school - you want kids to know how fun it is -definetely
the day for a 3 Stooges fest
End of the first week of school - don't want to stress the kids out (and
the teachers probably need a break) -
The two or three days before halloween - kids are too excited to learn -
and we could call it a monster lit / movie comparison
The two or three days after halloween - kids are sick and can't pay
attention -

Robert Eiffert
Librarian, Pacific MS  Vancouver WA
pac.egreen.wednet.edu/library beiffert@egreen.wednet.edu
Librarian in the Middle Blog: www.beiffert.net  robert@beiffert.net

It is not the answer that enlightens, but the question.  -Eugene Ionesco