Hi, I'm still here in Lake Placid, NY, through today. Our youngest students, 6th
grade, spent the morning skating on the 1980 Miracle on Ice Rink (across the road)
and then attended Narnia. We started by hosting and Alumni Reunion in the LMC which
resulted in a lot of leftover juice,bagels, fruit and yogurt so I suprised my first
four groups of students by inviting them to eat breakfast in the library. Fun! Not
fun was when the middle school ended up in the same lunch period as the HS and the
LMC had to become an overflow cafeteria. The principal helped monitor but it is
amazing the behaviors he didn't even see. I do draw the line at girlfriends on
boyfriend's laps...I know, I'm no fun.

  We come back on the 3rd, have a long weekend in February then the first two weeks
of April off, the only quiet weeks of the year in the resort business of Lake
Placid. Our reservations are already made for Florida which will help my husband
through a LONG girl's basketball season. But we don't finish till the last week of
June; we will have our 180 days.

  I am way behind for holiday decorating, cooking and even have some shopping to
finish. Everything that has been wrapped has already been given. I made three kinds
of cookeis and two kinds of pies last night, all for the senior dinner and cookie
plates for secretaries, custodians and selected others. As of 3pm it's family time
for a few days.

  I hope everyone gets a chance to breathe, sleep in a bit, read a couple of good
boks, see a movie or two. And celebrate your holidays with family and friends.

  My best to all, Sara Johns

Carol Ebel <cebel@EZWEBTECH.COM> wrote:
  We are here til 3:30 on the 23rd and come back on the 2nd. We have a
winter break day in February and have 3 days off for Easter. We started on
Sept. 1 (teachers actually started on Aug. 29, in Wisconsin school can't
start until Sept. 1) and will be out on June 1 (June 2 for teachers).

Carol Ebel
District LMS
School Dist. of Bonduel
Bonduel, WI

> Ready for whining? We have school until 1:30 on Dec 23rd and are back on
> January 2. We have no winter break, and a 2 day spring break, of which
> one day could go to makeup a snow day. Barring more snow days, we are
> done May 16. We started August 18.
>
> The football fans are extremely displeased about Jan 2 and I think May 16
> is ridiculous.
>
> Just my 2 cents. BooHoo.
>
> C. Hartsock
> Underwood Community Schools
> Underwood, IA
>
> hartsock@radiks.net

> You can prevent most e-mail filters from deleting LM_NET postings
> by adding LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU to your e-mail address book.
> In the message write EITHER: 1) SIGNOFF LM_NET 2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL
> 3) SET LM_NET MAIL 4) SET LM_NET DIGEST * Allow for confirmation.
> * LM_NET Help & Information: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/
> * LM_NET Archive: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/
> * EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://elann.biglist.com/sub/
> * LM_NET Supporters: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/ven.html

In the message write EITHER: 1) SIGNOFF LM_NET 2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL
3) SET LM_NET MAIL 4) SET LM_NET DIGEST * Allow for confirmation.

Lake Placid Middle/Senior HS LMC
34 School Street
Lake Placid, NY 12946
518-523-2474, ext. 4132
FAX: 518-523-4861
johns@northnet.org
SaraKJohns@aol.com

"Information is the currency of democracy." -- Thomas Jefferson