This book is in our library, as well as read by students in our Upper School
classes.  Below is a description and reviews, including a link to Amazon with
reviews from Publisher's Weekly and Library Journal.  I, too, have read the book
and do not find it "too much" for a high school reader.

Mary Peterson, MLIS
Library Assistant
Cranbrook Campus Library
Cranbrook Kingswood Schools
Bloomfield Hills, MI  48303
mpeterson@cranbrook.edu

FROM THE PUBLISHER
From the Nobel Prize-winning author of One Hundred Years of Solitude comes a
masterly evocation of an unrequited passion so strong that it binds three people's
lives together for more than fifty years. In the story of Florentino Ariza, who
waits more than half a century to declare his undying love to the beautiful Fermina
Daza, whom he lost to Dr. Juvenal Urbino so many years before, Garc*a M*rquez has
created a vividly absorbing fictional world, as lush and dazzling as a dream and as
real and immediate as our own deepest longings. Now available for the first time in
the Contemporary Classics series!

Charles McGrath
This shining and heartbreaking novel may be one of the greatest love stories ever
told. -- The New York Times Books of the Century

Anne Tyler
One of this century's most evocative writers. —Chicago Sun-Times

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/product-description/140003468X/ref=dp_proddesc_0/002-6540606-7252031?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=283155