I have been wondering also:

What kind of control do you have over what is on your computers? Can you install
software if it is legally purchased for your library or classroom?  The only
software the district purchases for us is Microsoft Office and Follett.  Now our
techs want to ban anything that is not purchased by the district.  We are losing
any control over what is on our desktops.  I can't fix AR, can't stop print jobs or
even remove items from the desktop that kids have put on.  And the techs aren't in
our buildings most of the time.  What are your policies?

Lorraine E. Calabrese
Elementary Librarian
Northgate School District
Pittsburgh, Pa.