Julie

Tried to send this to your email address jfeenaughty@cg.wnyric.org a
couple of times but it is being rejected ... so with apologies to LM_NET
members here was my late reply about software for very very young folks.
------------------------------------

Sorry a little late .... if too late then just delete ..... here are
some other suggestions for k-2 software resources ... many FREE

Have a look at
http://www.shambles.net/pages/staff/earlyyears/

There is a list of simulations at
http://www.shambles.net/pages/students/simulation/
but most of them for older children (other staff might be interested)

ALSO if you are looking for software for painting, word processing etc
... then go to http://www.shambles.net/ict/
and choose the relevant area ... you'll be spoilt for choice ... again
much of it FREE

There are many wonderful online free games for young folks  ...
especially for numeracy and literacy ... have a look at the lists at
http://www.shambles.net/games/

Other general 'young folks' areas are at
http://www.shambles.net/pages/staff/Kinder/ and
http://www.shambles.net/pages/staff/KS1/

FINALLY
I had attached a couple of (Word) documents for you .... which maps
software and web resources against young students curriculum needs ...
but as LM_NET I cannot have attachments here ... email me directly if
you would like them.

That's it

Have fun

Chris

Feel free to forward this email

"It's out there somewhere - the trick is finding it" www.shambles.net
The Education Project Asia : Chris Smith csmith@csmith.info
A consultancy designed to support International Schools in S.E.Asia
Online Calendar events+recruitment: www.shamblescalendar.net
Shambles Newsletter archives: www.shambles.net/newsletter