After reading through the Educational Technology plan, my first response was I hope
we did not spend a lot of money on this. Led by tech saavy students? In the NetDay
survey they listed the most common internet activity as playing games. Industry far
ahead of education? Industry invested in technology as a cost savings and got a
return on investment. In dollars. Where did all those tech saavy people in industry
come from? Oh  the kids playing games. Re-allocate budgets. We have nothing to
re-allocate except funds to replace our crumbling building so we can retain
accreditation. Maybe we can get a grant from Bill and Melinda. Digital content and
multimedia learning? But wait our reading scores are low. I thought books and
writing had something to do with reading.

Return to the basics? Advance to the future? Which ever you want. I am so confused
I may move to Chugah, Alaska with its 214 students spread over 22,000 miles with a
large percentage of home schooling. Hardly a typical example.

John Grainger
Librarian
Hinsdale High School
Hinsdale NH 03451