Print vs electronic?

Well, here goes... we are a college-prep high school, all boys.  My
reference section is good sized and used a lot. My history and sciences
sections are used a lot. My paperbacks are falling apart form being read
during study halls here in the library. I have 12 computers that are
constantly in use.  I have research classes come in on a regular basis, lots
of interaction with teachers.
Due to the nature of our curriculum, I don't do any active teaching, but do
keep abreast of what the teachers are doing and advise when I can.

My Fiction hardbacks do not circulate much, but that is partly because they
are in a corner and not very visible, and partly because my students don't
read a lot for pleasure and when they do, usually buy their own books.
Since my space is limited, I can't move the fiction to another area easily.
However, I have three carts with broken wheels that I put caps on the legs
and now am using them to highlight different books and have noticed more
interest in those books so I think I'll put more fiction out - we'll see.

I have finally gotten an assistant this year and it has helped immensely.

My budget is small, but my principal is supportive and usually will OK my
purchases and tells me if I really need it he'll try to see I get it. I do
not abuse this and am careful with purchases.

I think Adam is just a bit depressed and discouraged.  Maybe he needs to
just step back and look at what he has - and start small with one teacher
who he can really talk to and get some things going.  At our school we have
a lot of technology and teachers are expected to use it, but they all insist
their students use  print resources as well as electronic for reports.

Toni Koontz
Librarian
St. Charles Preparatory School
Columbus Ohio