Hi,
Two weeks ago I asked the question about where in the MARC record to put the second
ISBN number on company-bound books, such as Perma-Bound, Follett, etc. and which of
the two ISBN's found on those types of books is the primary one.

I received several responses to my query, as well as talking to a library
cataloging instructor and checking a couple of the resources we have on cataloging
here in the district library.  All the respondents said that they put all ISBN's in
the 020 tag (which is repeatable in the $a subfield), with most people putting the
ISBN they find on the Verso page in the first subfield, with any subsequent ones
added after that.  Some people put in parentheses that it's a Follett-bound or
other binding, some put in "hardcover" if the binding is from an original
paperback, or "pbk" if it's a paperback, and some put nothing after the ISBN.  The
instructor and the resources I consulted said that even putting in the additional
ISBN (the one found on the back cover of a specially bound book) is acceptable, but
optional, as is the designation of the type of cover or binding.  So it looks like
you're doing the right thing no matter what you are currently doing, whether it's
adding the number or skipping it.

Thank you so much for responding to my question.

Konnie
Konnie Wightman
Bismarck Public Schools
Hughes Ed. Center/LMO