A Visit to William Blake's Inn by Nancy Willard won the Newbery and
was a Caldecott Honor book for the pictures by the Provensens.

So far, that is the only book recognized by both the Caldecott and
Newbery Committees. Before 1977, the rules stated that no book could
be considered for both a Newbery and Caldecott Medal.

However,
One year one of Arnold Lobel's books about Frog and Toad was a
Newbery Honor book and the next year a Caldecott -- for another Frog
and Toad book.  Sort of close.  :>)

Sharron McElmeel

--
===============
Sharron L. McElmeel

3000 N Center Point Rd
Cedar Rapids, IA 52411-9548

ph. (319) 393-2562
FAX (319) 393-4749
(if fax line is busy make a voice call to 319.393-2562 and ask that
the line be cleared).
mcelmeel@mcelmeel.com

Author of ABCs of an Author/Illustrator Visit (Linworth); Children's
Authors and Illustrators Too Good to Miss (Libraries Unlimited); 100
Most Popular Children's Authors (Libraries Unlimited), 100 Most
Popular Picture Book Authors and Illustrators (Libraries Unlimited),
Character Education: A Book Guide for Teachers, Librarians, and
Parents (Libraries Unlimited) and other titles
(http://www.mcelmeel.com/writing).