Stephen S. Wise Temple in Los Angeles, CA is seeking a full-time School Librarian.
The School is a Reform Jewish Day School with a balanced secular and religious
curriculum. The position requires an MLS degree plus experience in children's
librarianship and teaching. The Library serves the Stephen S. Wise Temple
elementary school with approximately 520 students, while also providing a broad
range of library services to the temple staff, the temple membership which includes
3200 families, and the surrounding temple community at large. The librarians work
directly with the faculty from Kindergarten through Grade 6 to coordinate student
learning and support a love of reading at each grade level. This position follows
the academic calendar, and library classes are conducted once a week and follow a
set library curriculum. Our program is designed to build the students' overall
library skills, not only in such areas as reading and research, but also in the use
of state-of the-art research strategies and technologies. Our broader objectives
are focused on enhancing the students' appreciation for reading, building their
capacities for critical and creative thinking, and providing them with tools and
skills that will help them succeed not only in the classroom but throughout a
lifetime of learning. Our library sponsors three book clubs, a reading awards
assembly, and an annual Mother's Day Luncheon. We have a friendly and team oriented
work environment, and we offer a competitive salary and benefits.

Please send resume to:

Roberta Lloyd
Library Director
15500 Stephen S. Wise Dr.