Some of you may remember that I have posted about this workshop before.  We still
have room, especially on July 21st, so I thought I'd toss it out on LM_Net one more
time.  We extended the deadline.

The Ohio Educational Library Media Association (OELMA) is pleased to announce a
professional development opportunity with Dr. Ross Todd, author of Student Learning
Through Ohio School Libraries: The Ohio Research Study.  See
http://www.oelma.org/StudentLearning/default.asp for information about this
internationally acclaimed research study, featured as a cover story by SLJ,
February 2004.

Dr. Todd will present a full day workshop called, "Can you find the Evidence-based
Practice in Your School Library?" Join Dr. Ross Todd as he works directly with you
to help you learn the strategies of collecting data in your school library. You can
read about Dr. Todd at http://www.scils.rutgers.edu/~rtodd/

This workshop will be presented twice.  Librarians can choose to attend on July
20th or July 21st.  The workshop will be held in southwestern Ohio.  A description
and details are posted on the OELMA web site at:
http://www.oelma.org/professional/2005Institute.asp

This workshop can be taken for personal enrichment and professional growth or it
can be taken as a one credit course from Wright State University.  Tuition rates
are rather high for out-of-state, but the workshop-only fee for out-of-state
librarians is very reasonable at $115.00.   While the workshop does focus on Ohio
guidelines, the information is applicable for any librarian wishing to gather
evidence in support of the learning that occurs in school libraries.  If your state
is like Ohio, data driven decision making is the hot expectation of the year.  Will
you be ready when your administration asks for data to support your program?

For more information, please read the document posted under the link
"Evidence-based Practice Workshop Info & Registration Form" that is on the above
web page.  I will be happy to answer any questions, also.  Contact information is
in my signature.

If you would like to take this workshop with Dr. Todd on either July 20th or July
21st, you must register by 4 pm on Friday, July 15th.  You can register via phone
or fax.  All information is on the web site.

Thank you!
Christine

Christine Findlay, CRC Director
Centerville City Schools