Original Target request:
Does anyone have any experience with Easy Book Deluxe, a computer program
that lets students create their own books? One of our 4th grade teachers is
thinking about requesting its purchase, except for one thing. Apparently,
one can't save a "book" before printing it---in other words, the student has
to create the book and print it in one session, which is not always
possible. Does anyone know of any other programs which students can use to
create "books" (illustrations plus text, in "book" format)?

=================
Thanks to everyone who responded. The fourth grade teacher was amazed at how
quickly the responses arrived (of course, I was not surprised), and how
helpful everyone was! Thanks again. Here are the responses:

I have used EBD for the last few years for a Saturday class offered for K-6
students when I lived in NY, and had no problems saving the books.
It was a six-week class and we printed their books at the end and used a
binding
machine to bind them. Worked Great! The kids loved them. You can even import
BMP graphics to the collection it comes with, although photos don't come out
well.

We have easy book and like it.  We have saved all our books, there should be
an
option to save it or open a new book.  Our version is a site version.

PowerPoint works wonderfully. You can plan and execute both sides of the
page
printing; you may use original or ready-made illustrations; it can take Word
and
Paint; photos and scanned images; color or black and white; and etc.  So
versatile!
Then your kids can bind and cover it in any number of ways, from cheap to
expensive...  Hope this helps.

Look for pamphlet options in word processing programs. Wordperfect has
that build in, and Word should have one too.

I use a program called Lintor Books. You can choose easy type books and
chapter
books, both with and without illustrations.

Anne Paulson
Teacher Librarian
Lake Placid Elementary School
Lake Placid, NY 12946