From: Monica Williams Mitchell
<MonicaWilliamsMitchell@PURCELLMARIAN.ORG>
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [LM_NET] SEC: Need a cooler head for some advice
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 11:43:58 -0400

Wise ones,
I hope you will be able to advise me about the best course to take in this
political situation.  Our school has undergone some upheaval in the last
year.  Late in the summer, a powerful group of alumni forced the resignation
of our long-time principal with whom I had a very good working relationship.
  After an interim principal was appointed, I was removed from the academic
council, told I was subordinate to the director of technology and pretty
effectively silenced in any effort to participate in the direction of the
school. (yes, I am looking for a job.....)  Today I received the minutes for
the academic council's last meeting wherein they decided that they will
mandate summer reading for all of our students.  Faculty committee members
from the council will be deciding on the books to be read.  My question is
this -- do I offer any assistance or input or do I keep my mouth shut unless
or until I am asked?  The minutes were distributed to the entire faculty (at
least they haven't yet decided I'm not a faculty member!).  If this were
you, what would you do?  Thanks for your dispassionate view.
Monica Williams-Mitchell
Purcell Marian High School
Cincinnati, OH
monicawilliamsmitchell@purcellmarian.org