Help!  My high school principal (small school, approx. 400 students) has asked me
to come up with some ideas for encouraging high school students to read in their
leisure time.  Does anyone have any ideas that they would be willing to share with
me?  I am a district librarian, serving 4 schools, and have not been able to spend
as much time as I would like to at the high school.  We have full time
paraprofessionals in each of t he schools, and our elementary school has a teacher
who is getting her library certification (She has been a big help and I have really
enjoyed working with her!)  Please share any ideas that you have used that have
been successful.  Our elementary and intermediate schools (g K-5) have been using
the AR program.  I would also be interested in anything that is working on the jh
level.  Thanks in advance.

Sharon Cole, District Librarian
Dalhart ISD
Dalhart, TX 79022