One thing that I've used for over 15 years now, is a collection of
"positive pick-me-ups" that I have collected from students, teachers,
parents, and others at each school that I've worked in.  I use pretty
containers or unique boxes (like hat boxes)  that I've found at thrift
stores to put in any thank you cards, birthday cards, sweet notes or emails,
and photos from students. I try to keep the box current (for that school
and, if possible, only the previous year's content is there, as well as any
new things collected in the current year).

When I feel like I've done nothing productive for my students, that things
are so difficult that I can't stand it, or that I'm not making a difference,
I open the box and go through the cards, notes, photos, etc., that "thank"
me for what I've done in the past.  It reminds me of where I was and how far
I've come...and the difference it made for others!

Often, we (librarians) are the service providers in our schools that don't
realize the impact that we make until we receive those unexpected "thank
you's" from our students and teachers.  Small notes and sweet comments help
to make a difference in a bad day and a great day...it also shows that you
ARE making a difference!

While this is not a website, it does serve as tangible evidence that we do
make a difference in the lives of our students each and every day!

(By the way, I have 6 boxes filled with 23 years of "thank you's"....and
some boxes are larger than others only because of the time spent at that
school...but all contain evidence of small efforts making a big difference
in my students' lives.)

~Shonda

Shonda Brisco, MLIS
Technology Librarian