Greetings-
I finally received that long sought after ipod for Christmas. Imagine my surprise
when I found out that the Digital Audio Books available to "borrow" from the public
library are NOT compatible with Macs or ipods. The books are available to dowload
using the OverDrive Media Console but CANNOT be transferred to ipods. I found this
info on the Overdrive web site:
Why can't I use my iPod with this service?

Our audio titles use Windows Media DRM copyright protection technology from
Microsoft Corporation. Unfortunately the iPod does not currently support
copyright-protected Windows Media Audio (.wma) and video (.wmv) files. OverDrive,
along with hundreds of online music and audio book providers, is hopeful that Apple
and Microsoft can reach an agreement that would enable support for Microsoft-based
copyright-protected materials on the iPod. To repeat, OverDrive would love nothing
more than to provide content for your iPod. We urge you to contact Apple and
request that they open the iPod to other copy-protected formats or license their
propriety copy-protection method to third-party vendors.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Do I have to trade in this ipod that I have
wanted for so long or is there a fix? I am hoping there is shareware or freeware
available that will transfer the files and render the ipod useable.

I realize I can burn the book to a cd and then download into itunes but many of the
titles cannot be burned to a CD as per the publisher.

Help.

Susan Fahey, LMS

Tecumseh Elementary School Jamesville, NY 13081

sfahey@twcny.rr.com