Thanks to everyone who has offered suggestions for this problem.  My teacher has
his PhD and the classes (AP) do research into the most current medications on the
market (many of which are currently released and have been reviewed in the New
England Journal of Medicine---no this is not a medical school disguised as a high
school....it's just this teacher's thing to do this type of research.)

Anyway, here are some suggestions for Science Databases.  I'm posting the list of
ideas and some links, if others are interested.  I'm going to give all of these to
him to review.  If I get no response or a negative response, I'll assume that
nothing will please this teacher (unless we become a part of the of John Hopkins
Library).

Here's the list:
********************************

AllLearn Directory
http://www.alllearn.org/er/directories.cgi

How about The Reference Suite @ FACTS.com , the Today's Science on file?
http://www.facts.com/facts-db-ref.htm

 General Science Full Text database

 AccessScience by McGraw Hill  (the  folks who put out
that big science print encyclopaedia  we all had).
http://www.accessscience.com/

WilsonWeb Science database

Have you looked at
http://www.scirus.com/srsapp/aboutus/

Since we can only afford "free" info, we use the following two sites
for "advanced" science articles, lectures and papers:

http://infomine.ucr.edu/

http://bubl.ac.uk/

Get a subscription to Dialog.  It gives you access to hundreds of
databases and you pay only when you are searching.

you may want to take a look at H.W. Wilson's Science Full Text
Online.  Our review is available at the following link:
http://www.evalutech.sreb.org/search/reviewdetail.asp?Code=13337

Access Science which is the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology online

As far as Information Science and Technology goes, there is a database by
the name of InfoSci Online offered through Idea Group Inc that is extremely
comprehensive - it pretty much has articles with everything that technology
touches - mainly in science.  For further information, go to
www.idea-group.com.

I got a trial earlier this year on a science database offered by Facts on File.  My
science teachers liked it. I'd also suggest going to a university library website
to find out what they subscribe to.  University of Minnesota-Duluth is pretty good.
 Try www.d.umn.edu. and follow the links to the library databases.

We use Science Online  Their web page is www.fofweb.com. My science teachers
like it alot.Very concise exactly what they need.

You might let him trial Access Science:
http://www.accessscience.com/

Thanks for helping!

~Shonda

Shonda Brisco, MLIS
US / Technology Librarian
Fort Worth Country Day School
Fort Worth, TX

"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible and suddenly you are doing
the impossible."
 ~St. Francis of Assisi
sbrisco@fwcds.org
http://www.fwcds.org/campus/libraries/default.asp