With so many series books that need to be read in order in my
collection I put those in number order to make it easier for the
kiddos to get the correct one. Some, like Spiderwick and Guardians of
Gahoole make it easy by putting the numbers on the spine (since they
were specifically written as a series) but those like Indian in the
Cupboard, Hatchet, Great Brain, which have 'true sequels' I put a
small tag/flag on the shelf (bright colored paper that is laminated
and stuck on with book tape) to help the students know what the
correct order is. (Imagine putting sticky notes on the shelf below
the books...that is what it looks like but is more more durable. I
was quite pleased to see how well these stand up!)

No, this doesn't follow the true letter of the "alphabetical order
law", but it makes it easier for my students to access the books they
want, which is the name of the game!

Barb

Barb Engvall
=^..^=