I bought a baseball cap years ago that reads "Reading Coach"  (Demco, ALA, don't
remember)  .   I always wear it on Hat Day.   Maybe I'll start wearing it everyday!
 :-)    All school librarians should have one made at the mall - you know, the
kiosk that embroiders hats - and wear them.

on the 65% "solution"    this is NOT just a Texas problem.   there is a push for
this to happen in EVERY state!!!    And every state that "accepts" and uses the
NCES definition will NOT be including librariansin the 65% of expenditures!  if it
has not yet happened in your state, you need to be aware and alert!

some of the retired librarians and current librarians in my district formed a
committee to get more information for ourselves, and to dispense that information
to the public.   one retiree in particular  has worked long hours at putting
together an informational website on this.  please visit it at
http://geocities.com/txschlibrarian/

--
Leah Hawkins, Librarian
Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD

"It's no use going to school
unless the library is your final destination."
Ray Bradbury

From: Deb Sherrod <dsherrod@BRS.CGRESD.NET>