I just bought _How Do We Know the Nature of Human Origins_ (Rosen);
Intelligent Design isn't in the index, though there are four pages
discussing how creationism gradually lost scientific credibility from
the 1600's to late 1800's (Hook to Lyall).

ID has been discredited as a scientific theory ("Most scientists say
"alternative" to evolution isn't a theory at all
<http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002522889_evolution27.html?syndication=rss&source=education.xml&items=34>).

The Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District case ruled ID is religious
in nature, not a scientific theory ("'Breathtaking Inanity': How
Intelligent Design Flunked Its Test Case" Time Magazine
<http://www.time.com/time/health/printout/0,8816,1142625,00.html>).
There is little to no peer-reviewed work on any findings supporting ID.
If my budget would allow me to purchase material on Kennedy
assassination conspiracy theories and Nasca Plains lines being UFO
landing sites, I might look into some ID books.

Sunday's (March 5) Doonesbury - "Situational Science is about respecting
BOTH sides of a scientific argument, not just the one supported by
facts!" <http://www.uclick.com/client/sea/db/> hits the nail on the head.

Myer's "The proper reverence due those who have gone before."
<http://pharyngula.org/index/weblog/comments/the_proper_reverence_due_those_who_have_gone_before>

does one of the best explanations on why we follow the evidence.

Robert Eiffert
Librarian, Pacific MS  Vancouver WA
pac.egreen.wednet.edu/library beiffert@egreen.wednet.edu
Librarian in the Middle Blog: www.beiffert.net  robert@beiffert.net

Disagreement with dominant ideologies and moral codes is exactly what the principle
of free expression is designed to protect. We don’t need the First Amendment to
protect speech that offends nobody and agrees with conventional norms.
Marjorie Heins <http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0316-30.htm>