St. Benedict High School in Chicago, IL, has an opening for a part-time
librarian (with potential to become full-time) for the 2006-2007 school
year.

Job Description:

We are seeking an energetic librarian to serve as the solo librarian for
a small Catholic high school in an urban setting. Responsibilities include:

    * Daily library operations, including management of the budget and
      collection development
    * Collaboration with faculty to integrate research skills into
      curriculum
    * Teaching library skills in formal and informal contexts to both
      students and faculty
    * Implementation of school-wide reading programs
    * Selection of informational resources to serve student body and faculty
    * Promotion of recreational reading to all students
    * Maintenance of school library website/blog

Candidate must enjoy working with high school students.

Requirements
MLS from ALA-Accredited Institution. Demonstrated collaborative as well
as leadership skills are a necessity. Teaching certificate, solid
technology skills and supervisory skills preferred.

To apply, send resume, cover letter, and three references to:

Mary Kay Nickels, Principal, St. Benedict High Schools of Saint Benedict
mknickels@stbenedict.com

I’m sad to leave this position, which has provided me with a lot of
opportunities to learn and experiment, inspired my creativity, and made
me excited to go to work every day. Very supportive administration and
faculty with a friendly and diverse student body.

Questions? Email me!
Katie Voss
kvoss@stbenedict.com <mailto:kvoss@stbenedict.com>
Librarian