I can't believe how fast the summer is zooming by. For those of you
back to work already and those getting ready, here's directions to
an article I did for NoveList in June, with lots of picture book ideas
to do with all ages, K-6, and lots of back-to-school ideas.
Carol Von Brocklin was asking for our beginning of the year lessons,
but this one's tricky to get to, so I thought it would be easier to
post it to the list.

If you're not a NoveList subscriber at your school, your public library
probably is, and you can access it for free. You'll need your library
card number.

Go to your library's website; click on databases.
Scroll down and click on NoveList.
Enter library card number
On NoveList homepage, click on the School Resources tab, top right.
Under "Teaching with Fiction" click on Preschool and Elementary Articles
Click on Archives (link in middle of first paragraph)
Scroll down, past my article "Book Performance Art" which also
has good ideas, to "Desperate Librarians . . .or, When You Need
a Few Good Ideas.

Whew. You made it! I hope you'll find some good, practical ideas there.
I'm working on another Desperate Librarians article that will be up in
late September or so.

Good luck with the new year.

Judy Freeman
Children's Literature Consultant
"Wild About Books" columnist
School Library Media Activities Monthly
Author of Books Kids Will Sit Still For 3
(Libraries Unlimited, 2006)
and Once Upon a Time!:
Using Storytelling, Creative Drama, and
Reader's Theater with Children in Grades K-6 (2007)
65 North Sixth Avenue
Highland Park, NJ 08904
732-572-5634 / BKWSSF@aol.com
www.JudyReadsBooks.com