Techy Netters:

I'm hoping one of you might be able to answer this for me. I have heard
of a few instances like what happened to me yesterday and I'm curious
why it happens.

I got an email of pictures that I wanted to share with others. I've
found that the best way to do this in Netscape is to hit REPLY to the
message I want to send. Then I can edit the message any way I like -
remove headers and change wording and add new stuff to it - or just send
is as is - I then erase the reply to name (the name of who sent it to
me) and put in all the names of people I want to send it to. And off it
goes. For some reason Forwarding it doesn't allow me such latitude.

Anyway, I did this yesterday and when I opened my mailbox today, I had a
thank you from someone that I hadn't sent it to. Turns out this person
got the message forwarded to them by one of my recipients. The sender
uses Yahoo as their mail processor and she simply forwarded to her
friends. I wrote the person who thanked me to see how she got it and
replied to it...and she said that it came from the person I'd sent it to
(the Yahoo person) and that she had simply replied to it. I don't know
what she uses for a mail server - but her ISP is "rcn.com" and I use
"comcast.net" and I can't imagine how the person that I sent it to did
not have their name as the sender and how my name got inserted as the
sender so that a reply would come back to me?!?

This has been a dangerous event in the past for a couple of people that
I know and I'm wondering why it happens?!?!?!

Anyone have a solution....and for the rest of you...beware of what you
send to others...it could come back to haunt you! Just like my mother
always told me, never put in a letter what you wouldn't want published
on the front of the NY Times...and she died LONG BEFORE the Internet
came into being - wise before her time! :-)

Peace to all!

--
Jody Newman

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make
you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson