I posted her review to my blog on Monday,
December 3.

Recent updates:

Thursday, December 7, 2007
Graham Greene is a well-known Oneida actor.
I found a YouTube clip of him, questioning
(in a humorous way) the use of Native imagery
to sell products.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Michael Lacapa's excellent picture book LESS
THAN HALF, MORE THAN WHOLE is out
of print, but you can get copies from Oyate.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007
In 2004, the public radio program "Best of
Our Knowledge" included interviews with
Sherman Alexie and with Gayle Ross. Gayle
is Cherokee, and co-wrote with Joseph Bruchac,
an outstanding book called THE STORY OF
THE MILKY WAY: A CHEROKEE STORY.
Illustrations are by Virginia A. Stroud. I wrote
about their author/illustrator notes, and about
the book itself.

Recent changes:

(1)
I didn't have a section of the blog for video or
audio clips, so I added "NATIVE AUTHORS:
VIDEOS, AUDIOS, AND INTERVIEWS" so
I'd have a place to link to gems like:
--- Sherman Alexie's reading from THE
ABSOLUTELY TRUE DIARY OF A PART
TIME INDIAN,
---Alexie and Ross interviews on public radio's
BEST OF OUR KNOWLEDGE
---Alexie on Charlie Rose
---Cynthia Leitich Smith's talks at the National
Book Festival in Washington, DC
---Richard Van Camp's very cool print interview
about writing for children
---Thomas King's Massey Lectures on Awaye (aboriginal radio)

(2)
I want to highlight items readers are particularly
interested in, as demonstrated in emails I get
from them. To do this highlighting, I've added
My current "don't miss" is" to the welcome note
at the top of the page. This week, my "don't miss"
is an essay about THE EDUCATION OF
LITTLE TREE.

(3)
I updated links on the right side of the page,
adding the American Indian Library Association's
"I is for Inclusion" article to the "Articles" list,
and Beverly Slapin's review of CHEYENNE
AGAIN to the "Books discussed" list.

Last, I added seven different "feeds" (eg: "Add to
Google") for readers who use that option to keep
up with news and blog pages they read frequently.

Have a good week!
Debbie

Debbie A. Reese (Nambé Pueblo)
Assistant Professor, American Indian Studies
Native American House, Room 2005
1204 West Nevada Street, MC-138
Urbana, Illinois 61801

Email: debreese@uiuc.edu
TEL 217-265-9885
FAX 217-265-9880

My Internet blog and resource:
American Indians in Children's Literature
To get to it, visit my bio and click on 'Web Page'
http://www.nah.uiuc.edu/faculty-Reese.htm