Many of you, particularly in the elementary level are fans of the
children's author, Clyde Robert Bulla. Clyde lives in Warrensburg and
I've had the pleasure of getting to know him well since he moved here.

Clyde's health is declining and he is currently has 24-hour nursing
care as well as hospice. I think he would be tickled to receive cards
from those you who have enjoyed his books. I couldn't decide the
propriety of putting his address on a listserv at this point, but felt
the benefit would outweigh any potential malicious harvesting.

Here is a listing of some of his most recent books:
Shoeshine Girl, illus. by Leigh Grant, 1975 (illus. by Jim Burke,
2000); The Beast of Lor, illus. by Ruth Sanderson, 1977; Conquista!
(with Michael Syson), illus. by Ronald Himler, 1978; Daniel's Duck,
illus. by Joan Sandin, 1979; Last Look, illus. by Emily Arnold McCully,
1979, 1995; My Friend the Monster, illus. by Michele Chessare, 1980; A
Lion to Guard Us, illus. by Michele Chessare, 1981; Dandelion Hill,
illus. by Bruce Degen, 1982; Charlie's House, illus. by Arthur Dorros,
1983 (illus. by Teresa Flavin, 1993);The Chalk Box Kid, illus. by
Thomas B. Allen, 1987; Place for Angels, illus. by Julia Noonan, 1995;
Paint Brush Kid, illus. by Ellen Beier, 1999. Taken from the Web site:
http://www.edupaperback.org/showauth.cfm?authid=237

As those of you know who have met him, he is a gentle, gentleman of the
highest order.

Cards and wishes to:

Clyde R. Bulla
813 Anderson
Warrensburg, MO 64093

Floyd Pentlin
http://web.mac.com/sycamorehill/iWeb/LibrarianAYS/Home.html
Region III Director, American Association of School Librarians
ANSWER MACHINE/FAX: 660.747.0683 - E-MAIL: calaf@charter.net
  2007 Candidate for AASL President-Elect
"AASL will continue to invigorate the library 'brand' as a dynamic and
central presence in the educational process."