Here ( 9-12 college preparatory - all boys)  the punishment  for having
pornography - whether brought in or accessed - is the same - with, of
course, the exception being that  using a computer  to access  it will
result in those privileges being  revoked for one year :  In-school
suspension for first offense with parents called in to explain why. We
seldom have any further offenses.

Drug offenses entail a whole other set of consequences which include drug
counseling.

I have only had to  revoke computer use 5 times in my 9 years here. -
actually, the Dean of Students does the revoking and the student knows
better than to come in and try to con me...and I have had no real problems
for at least two. I will tell a student that he can't use the computers for
a couple of weeks if he is messing with the settings and trying to download
games as that ties up resources that others need to use. A repeat offense in
that case results in detention which lowers conduct grade so that is rare,
also.

One thing - I know a lot of you are very busy and can't really monitor  like
you would like.  I had to rethink my  work pattern so I was near the
computers more often so I could see what they were doing. And of course, I
call them on things like switching between windows often and hunching over
the monitor or turning it to the side.

Toni Koontz
Librarian
St. Charles Preparatory School