I have to say i'm puzzled every time?I read one of these threads about jokes,
comments, remarks by teachers. I have never had a teacher make a remark about my
education level, work load, or what I do (or don't do) in the school. My classroom
teachers accept me as a partner in what they are doing because?I have worked to
prove my program as a vital part of the school. I don't think they see me sit at
the circ desk for any great length of time except when checking out a class. They
see me out in the building working on a variety of things, some library related and
some not. As they walk the halls the teachers see my READ posters, Science posters,
scale model solar system hallway. They are reminded about what I do. The library is
everywhere.?They know I spend extra time at school and at home putting together
videos to help the students in math, science and social studies. They see me
perform when they need a?theme kickoff. They are with their classes when I do the
lessons which!
  are directly related to their classroom work. The effort involved in planning
lessons for each grade level is self evident. They see me magically pull a book off
the shelf on some obscure subject the need for a planning meeting. They also know I
am responsive to their needs... whatever that need may be. Most are even apologetic
when they ask a favor because they "know I am busy..." They also know I will do it
if they ask. Are some teachers harder to work with than others? You bet. But that
is the challenge and thrill of the job. I love completing a hard task and making it
look easy. Maybe I am just blessed with a wonderful staff. Maybe I planned it this
way and work hard to maintain it. I find this job different every day. That is the
fun of it.

Doug Valentine
RISD STAR Teacher 2006-07
Skyview Elementary