Check this new fee from Scholastic Book Fairs. $30.00, and we are located just 5
miles from the warehouse!!
Kathy
I just received this in an e-mail from Scholastic

As you know, Scholastic Book Fairs is committed to helping all schools inspire a
lifelong love of reading in children.

With your continued support and partnership, we are indeed meeting this commitment.
Annually, our trucks travel over 12 million miles to effectively connect over 100
million books to children.

Over the past year, the fuel costs associated with delivering Fairs and reorders
have increased 32%. We anticipate that fuel costs will continue to increase. To
ensure that we are able to deliver affordable books to children in the upcoming
season, it is necessary for us to implement a fuel surcharge to our Fairs. This new
fuel surcharge practice is similar to that used by other delivery and
transportation companies such as FedEx, UPS, Yellow Freight and many, many others.

Beginning with financial forms dated August 11, 2008, you will notice a $30 fuel
surcharge, which will be deducted from the total Book Fair profit.

Certainly, we appreciate that rising fuel prices are also increasing your personal
expenses in a number of ways. It is our sincere hope that this new fuel surcharge
is temporary and we look forward to the day when the average price of diesel begins
to decrease and we can reduce our fuel surcharge accordingly.

Thank you for your continued support and commitment to connect your students to
books they want to read and own. We will continue to work hard to provide you with
the best selection of products and services to help all children read and learn.

Kathy Spielman
Middle School Library Media Technician
Yorba Linda Middle School
4777 Casa Loma Ave.