Thanks to everyone who responded to my target. There are several excellent

My original target:

Last year (or maybe two years ago) my supervisor bought 2 six-packs of
miniature digital cameras and a four-pack of miniature camcorders for my
school. We haven't used them at all. I know some general concepts such as
using them for on-the-grounds field trips for biology and such, but I'm
looking for very specific ideas on how they might be used.

. . . workshop on Digital Storytelling.  Check out www.digitales.us  Be sure
it is US at the end.

. . . use the camera to create "how to" instructions. For example take
pictures of the steps to tie a shoe.  You could have math students take
pictures of architecture, angles, etc. in buildings. English students can
take pictures of a scence, setting for stories and verbalize the
description.

I have used them for students to video tape their own booktalks, and last
year we did PSA-style commercials about book care.  These students created
their own scripts and stories about what sad things happened to these books
in our library.  Very cute and creative.

Upper grade teachers have students tape one another doing presentations,
reader's theatre and such so that students can watch back and self-critique
themselves.  This really improves their vocal delivery, eye contact and
actual content makes more sense once they can hear how they sound to others.

Film Reader's Theater, poetry presentations and share with others. Create
book talks to put on your morning tv show. This allows the kids to practice
and not be on the hot spot live. Creative review of the testing standards
and show to kids, put on the tv for students to use and review.

How about taking your school newspaper or creating a school newspaper that
is has moved to the digital age.  Have your students write their stories and
then allow them to record their stories, instead of still pictures you could
have video of the news.  You could then create a DVD and allow teachers to
share it with their students or even contact your local cable company and
see if they will broadcast it on their local channel.

Thanks again to all who responded!

Deb Waugh, Librarian
Graham High School
Bluefield, Virginia