As there are more and more librarians interested in know worldwidely
what other libraries are doning, I hope we may have somewhere a
platform to collect:

1. "how do you celebrate in WBD?" (sharing ideas / photos / video on
how libraries /school celebrate WBD)
2. "what others are doing?" (generally sharing ideas / activities
libraries are doing around the world)
3. "what does libraries look like?" (mainly photos on how libraries
are designed)

2008/7/23, Thomas Kaun <tomkaun@gmail.com>:
> Actually, as I understand it, the conference will be held in Padua, Italy
> from Sept. 2-4 (dates subject to change) next year.
> I hope I can attend--Padua is half an hour from Venice by train!
> More information will be sent out following the upcoming conference in
> Berkeley (Aug. 3-7)
> And I second David's suggestion to join IASL as a way to make connections
> with school librarians from around the world and see really great places if
> you're able to attend their conferences. Over the past several years I've
> been able to see South Africa, New Zealand, Ireland, Portugal, and Taiwan
> all through attending IASL conferences.
> Tom Kaun
>

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 8:02 AM, DiGregorio, David <
> ddigregorio@tenafly.k12.nj.us> wrote:
>

> > While on this VERY important subject, I urge all of the readers of this to
> > begin this process by joining the INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOL
> > LIBRARIANSHIP.  Their conference was in Taiwan last year - I attended - it
> > was a SUPER way to GET OUT OF THE LIBRARY and see libraries in Taiwan.  This
> > year in just days, the conference will be held in Berkeley, CA, and then
> > next year as I understand it, Tirol.  Here is the link:
> > http://www.iasl-online.org/about/joiniasl.html It is a delightful
> > organization with so many nice members.

=====
HUNG Ming Michael
TEacher-Librarian
SKH Bishop Mok Sau Tseng Secondary School
26 Wan Tau Kok Lane, TaiPo, NT
Tel: +852-26567804 Fax: +852-31121528
email: mmhung@gmail.com