 have a couple of copyright questions that were recently discussed with a number of
teachers in a class I am taking. Copyright seems so murky at times so hoping there
might be some good thoughts from the lm_net community.
1. We have been seeing a lot of webpages with covers of books when discussing books
or promoting them. Is this a copyright violation? I would think a publisher would
be happy the book is being promoted but what about the creator of the cover? Or is
this not an issue?
2.  We have YouTube blocked at school so teachers are using a convertor program
such as Zamzar or Vixy to create an avi file that can be shared with the class.
Does this fall under fair use?? is it a copyright violation since we are changing
format or can the Teach Act be applied here?

Hopefully there are some copyright gurus out there.
Thanks
Mary Stoiber
IMC director
Webster Transitional School