LM Netters, I need some direction.  I have a very large library and I realize the
administration has  been looking at the space for quite some time,  how it might be
divided into thirds,  better used or rather, reorganized  to create more computer
lab or classroom space which is in demand.
 I am not against improvement but,  I realize too, this space is now allocated for
the library and I should not give it up too willingly.  I could resist but I am in
favor of less space, and more quality use.  Soon, the library will be weeded after
about 10 years of no weeding and I know it will be apparent  we definitely could
condense the space.

We might be putting up walls not necessarily knocking any down.  I envision a
library that is less oriented towards whole classes coming in to use 25 computers
for group research and more quality research by individual students.  Has anybody
done this, given up their traditional library space for a reorganization of their
library?  How did it go?  What is the result?  Was it a wise move on the school's
part.  Is the library more or less popular?
Getting nervous about letting go of the space and not sure what to recommend.  Your
advice is valued.

Nancy Kiefer, LMS
GHS Library
Rockford Public Schools