I teach a lesson to 7th graders using MS Publisher.  The lesson is part of
their Geography class when they are working on their National Parks unit.
The assignment is to research an assigned National Park and then develop a
brochure similar to what you might give to a tourist to convince them to
visit this park.  I spend a day in the computer lab with each class walking
them through choosing a brochure design, inserting pictures, inserting text,
etc.  I demonstrate this first using Vision software, but using a LCD
projector and screen would also work.  Students are allowed only 2 color
pictures if they are printing the brochure at school.  If they print at home
they can use as much color as they want.  They are only allowed 2 different
fonts for the brochure.  We flip the paper over halfway through printing so
the brochure is back-to-back.  Hope this helps.

"Your success in the end will eclipse honest mistakes along the way."

Beth Greff, Librarian
Mandan Jr. High School
406 4th St. NW
Mandan, N.D. 58554