Hello all--

I received more requests for a HIT than I did suggestions. If anybody
else would like to chime in I'd love to hear it!  Here are the ones I
did receive:
Lord of the Flies with Downriver by Hobbs
To Kill a Mockingbird with Darby by Fuqua
All Quiet on the Western Front with Kipling's Choice by Spillebeen
The Great Gatsby with Jake, Reinvented by Korman
A Lesson Before Dying with White Lillacs by Meyer
The Scarlet Letter or Crucible with Speak by Anderson

The Old Man and the Sea by Hemingway with Young Man and the Sea by Philbrick

The Bell Jar   &  I Never Promised You a Rose Garden
West Side Story   &  Romeo and Juliet
Bless the Beasts and Children  &  Holes
Sleeping Beauty  &  Briar Rose
The Crucible  &  Sacrifice
The Hobbit  &  Artemis Fowl

Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
and
Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
and
On the Road by Jack Kerouac

The Shining and Northanger Abbey—both about haunted houses

The book From Hinton to Hamlet: Building Bridges between Young Adult
Literature and the Classics Second Edition, Revised and Expanded by
Sarah K. Herz and Donald R. Gallo does a nice job of pairing classic
with contemporary

Robin Boltz, PhD Student
NBCT Library Teacher, South Granville High School
Creedmoor, NC
boltz@email.unc.edu