I sent a reply directly that putting colored labels on the books is a
non issue for us at the elementary level but decided to reply here
also. We have lots of kids pick out books at a lower level just for
fun so no one really knows which book is a child's AR book. I also
have to disagree about labeling leading to not learning to use the
library. My 3rd and 4th graders are constantly using the electronic
catalog and using their location skills to find books! The books are
all shelved the same way whether they are AR or not. Browsing is also
still an acceptable way to choose a book and the labels certainly help
with that.

Barb Engvall
=^..^=

Teacher-Librarian