Not to be naive but why would you need an agreement with the
district?  If you pay all the expenses it would seem to be understood
that it was your website.  Perhaps what you mean is you have an
agreement with the district that you can represent  the website as an
official site for the library.  Not to be nit-pickish but that is
quite a different entity then a district laying claim to anything
owned by an employee.  Quite a dangerous precedence to set if that
were actually the case.
Or perhaps I am misunderstanding the situation.
All my best,
Sharron