I'm getting so excited since tomorrow is our las
Good Morning All,

I'm getting so excited since tomorrow is our last school day until January.  As
always, time just before breaks are hectic.

A teacher in my school is trying to show a DVD to her class using her laptop and
LCD projector.  These laptops are almost barebones and the media player that is on
them is the Real Alternative Media Player Classic.  When she brings up the media
player and clicks on open DVD the movie begins to play but it is very dark in
appearance as if there is a shade (like with interactive whiteboards) over the
screen.  At the very top there are maybe three lines of pixels that you can see the
true colors.

The movie works fine on a regular DVD player attached to a TV. It also works on my
personal laptop which has Windows Media Player with a DVD Codex that I purchased
and downloaded.  My suggestion to her was to purchase the DVD Codex and this would
emiliminate many of her difficulties and the DVD would autoplay.  She does not
want to pay for something she can get free.

My question then is:  Does anyone know what settings on the Real Alternative Media
Player Classic I go in to adjust to get rid of this shader screen?  Or, does
anyone know of  reliable free DVD codex I can download in which I can be
fairly certain we are not downloading viruses and other junk?

Thanks in advance for your help, and I wish you all a safe and restful holiday
season.  Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah as the case may be for you.

Trina Tucker Paynter
Media Coordinator
Vaughan Elementary School
Warren County Schools