As I sit in the underused high school library, I remember some of the comments I've
gotten:

If all you need to come upstairs for is to check your mail (the office is 2 floors
away from the library), someone can bring it to you.  (Don't I need to collaborate
with other teachers, etc.?)

Teachers can't be bothered with discussing library materials selection to match
curriculum requirements.

Why do students need to come to you for help with AP and SAT exam preparation?

Perhaps some more active PR on my part is needed, especially as the
elementary/middle school library--where I have very supportive administrators--is
an extremely busy place!

“Librarians. . . have been my lifelong friends, guides and heroes.”  Joseph Bruchac

Basya Karp, Librarian

Shulamith High School and Shulamith School For Girls

Brooklyn, New York

basyak10@hotmail.com

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/