My husband and I have gotten ourselves into a bit of a pickle.  We went
to see the Wizard of Oz as part of our season tickets to the local
Broadway theater league.  As we watched the show, we so wished that we
had our granddaughter with us.
After the show, we bought a little key chain and then found an emerald
green key embedded with crystals to put on the key chain.  We also
bought several of the Oz books.  Ever since the show, we have been
sending our granddaughter a package every week..  One of the packages
included the key chain.  My hubby is a very inventive writer and he
included cute little stories about visiting Munchkin land etc.

Well - evidently Jess has invested huge dreams into that key on the
keychain and is convinced we will be taking her to the land of Oz and
this is the entrance key.  Uh oh!  We're in trouble now.  We  are
wracking our brains trying to think what we can do about this magic key.
 I am sure we can find an Oz toy & put it in a treasure chest of
something of that nature.  However - we would rather it be something we
can do together.

 The theater will have a production of Wicked next year.  We could get
tickets & put them in the treasure chest.  I am sure we can arrange for
her to be with us for that weekend - even if we have to be naughty and
have her miss school for just one day...  BUT... I am just not sure if
the content of Wicked would be too much for her.  She will be 10 in
October and the play will probably not be until sometime in Spring 2010.
 What are your thoughts?  Any other ideas for us?    Jess thinks Mimi &
Papa walk on water and we would like to keep that illusion going for a
little while longer =)

Thanks for any ideas you can share with us.

Jacquie

“Education is not about filling a pail, it’s about lighting a fire."  ~
William Butler Yeats

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jacquie Henry, MLS
Ruben A. Cirillo High School (GHS)