Thanks to everyone who emailed suggestions for our series bulletin
board.  The majority response was that some variation on "you can't read
just one" was the best - even if the students didn't get the reference.
We are going to go with "Betcha can't read just one."

Suggestions are listed below:

What about adding the word "betcha" -betcha can't read just one? Or "the
more the merrier"? I just did a bulletin board listing kids names that
checked out 15 or more books this year, and then right next to it put
the top individual titles, then top series with the number of times
books in that series had been checked out.

----------

I used the same theme, and used Betcha cant read just one! Yes, the
potato chip reference was lost, and I bought a bag to put up there, but
I decided against it.  Only adults knew what I was talking about! The
board, however looks great because I printed copies of the book covers
in colored ink and laminated them to reuse.  Good luck.

-----------

We used "Get SERIOUS about SERIES!"  or how about something about the
SERIES SPECIAL....they use that on tv all the time.  I like the "YOu
can't eat just one!"  You might have to explain it but it fits so well.

---------

Just Read It!

-------

Serial Readers are Serious Readers

Develop a Serial Attraction

All black bulletin board with white letters   GOT SERIAL?

Kaia Converse, Librarian

Kodiak High School

Kodiak, AK

kconverse01@kodiakschools.org <mailto:kconverse01@kodiakschools.org>