From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Sarles Patricia (18K500)
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:19 AM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: TAR: books with characters conceived through ART

Dear All,

I'm looking for children's FICTION, for ANY age, that have characters
who are the products of donor egg, donor sperm, in vitro, surrogate
pregnancy or any third party assisted reproduction. I'll take books with
characters who are adopted as well, but I am more interested in children
conceived through ART (assisted reproductive technology).

I know the book Donuthead by has a main character who was conceived
through donor sperm.

Can anyone think of any others?

Thanks!

_____________________________________
Patricia Sarles, MA, MLS
Librarian
Damrosch Day Treatment School
NYC Department of Education
750 Jennings Street
Bronx, NY 10459
voice: 718 378-0006 x2172
fax: 718 589-9544
p s a r l e s @ s c h o o l s . n y c . g o v
http://damroschlibrary.blogspot.com/
<http://damroschlibrary.blogspot.com/>
http://robinhoodlibrarians.wikispaces.com
<http://robinhoodlibrarians.wikispaces.com/>

"Ten guards and the warden couldn't have torn me out of those books.
Months passed without even thinking about being imprisoned....I had
never been so truly free in my life." - Malcolm X

"Some kids go to the library ... Others to the street. But they can't go
to the libraries if the libraries are closed." - Officer Dombranski,
NYPD

"The best morals kids get from any book is just the capacity to
empathize with other people, to care about the characters and their
feelings. So you don't have to write a preachy book to do that. You just
have to make it a fun book with characters they care about, and they
will become better people as a result." - Louis Sachar

To change your LM_NET status, you send a message to:
listserv@listserv.syr.edu

 * LM_NET Supporters:
http://lmnet.wordpress.com/category/links/el-announce/

Confidentiality Notice:  This E-Mail is solely for the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s),
you are to discard this email and are prohibited from any disclosure, copying,
unauthorized distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents
of this information.