Holiday Frozen Fruit Salad Delight

Get ready for a dessert or salad that will put a smile on the faces of your guests.

Ingredients
4 tbsp marshmellow creme
2 tbsp mayonnaise (Use low fat mayonnaise.)
6 oz. cream cheese (Use the low fat cream cheese.)
2 cups of fruit cocktail
1 small jar of marachino cherries

With a spoon beat cheese, mayonnaise and marshmellow until mixture is smooth. Drain
fruit cocktail and fold the fruit cocktail into the mixture. Gently stir. Place the
mixture evenly into a glass dish measuring approx 9" x 12."
Topping - Cut cherries in half and place on top in rows, so that the salad looks
attractive. Place dish in freezer.
Before the salad becomes frozen, remove the dish for a very short time. Score the
salad in squares so that it will be easier to cut later. Place dish back into the
freezer.
Remove dish about five or ten minutes before serving. Sometimes, I serve the salad
on lettuce.
This recipe has been in our family for over 30 years. My mom received it from a
dear friend many years ago when she was young.
Enjoy.

Heidi Spietz, Manager
American Montessori Consulting
http://www.amonco.org