Original Post:

I have a teacher who is interested in doing a project with Animoto and
books. If there is someone out there who can tell me how they set it up
logistically, I would be grateful.

1.       Did you have each student sign up? Or did you have one login
for the whole class?

2.       What sites did you use for Creative Commons pictures and music?

Any other helpful hints would be appreciated.

I'm beginning to do this with high school students this year.  Today I'm
creating a ppt that will show not only Animoto but moviemaker as well.
I had each teacher coming set up an educator's account, and they has the
ability to give student accounts out.  I'll show them using the free 30
sec demo and get the gist of Animoto...shouldn't take long at all....

I'll be showing them not only creativecommons, but wikimedia as well.
For sound we'll be using Freesound.org
Now, onto my powerpoint!! : )

As to your second question, I also use Flickr and Google Images advanced
search option to look for CC images.  Usually works pretty well.

1.  You can't use a log-in for the whole class, if you want simultainous
log-ins  Instead she should sign-up for an educator's code.  However,
they are VERY VERY behind on that.

2.  I taught my students how to use the CC search engine widget for
Firefox.  For visuals it searches both Google and Flickr.

Kendra Newton, Librarian

Glenview Middle School

EMSD #37

3100 7th Street